Thursday, September 18, 2008

Long Overdue Update

Hi everyone!
Has it really been several weeks since I last updated? Sorry.. Life has been good. We officially had the first day of spring a few weeks ago and suddenly "boom": perfectly gorgeous weather that makes you ache to go outside all day long. The time of cold is over and won't be around again for a long time... I'm already wearing t-shirts and it's only spring. *fingers crossed that summer is mild*. Other than beautiful weather, spring has brought with it allergies. I've never really had spring allergies before, but now I've got really itchy eyes. Thanks weird Australian pollen.

I work all week and keep meaning to update blogs/e-mail family and friends on the weekends but I keep having interesting, event-packed weekends. One Saturday I went on a bus with the church group to Canberra -Australia's capitol (about 3 hours away). It was great fun. We went to the national war museum, ate a picnic lunch in the park with black swans and pink cherry trees blossoming, took pictures of the parliament house (which they do not like you calling the Capitol building, by the way), and a lookout stop at Mt. Ainsley. The drive home was a treat also as we saw HERDS of wild kangaroos! I loved getting to be a tourist for a day. I've got heaps of photos and will upload some of the better ones when I get a chance. Unfortunately, all the kangaroo pics were out a bus window moving at around 60 mph as we drove by.

This weekend I'm looking forward to Mountain biking in the Terry Hills area with the church group. It's lovely weather, and it should be beautiful in the scenic bike trails around there. Australia has lots of national parks and scenic protected areas, which is nice.

The other main thing I've been occupied with is house hunting. Our lease ends next month and we needed to find somewhere to move to. Considering how big of an effort it was last time, I was very anxious. This time, with the help of a good reference from our current real estate company and my super-organization of necessary documents, we got in at the first place we applied! It's a long lease too which means we won't have to move again soon, thankfully.

Next stop, car hunting....
Cheers and have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

DowneySoft said...

i have heard that eating local honey is helpful for allergies

stewardess said...

You know what's weird. Your first day of spring was our first day of fall. I know you already realise this, but it's still interesting. You really are living life upside down!