Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quick Hello

I'm quite happy this week -I finished my coding project at work -woohoo! I'm learning heaps about C# and Xaml. Hopefully the next project will get done even quicker now.

V and I are enjoying having some American backpacker visitors from back home with us. V's been playing tour guide and I tag along when work permits. It's been great fun reminiscing about old friends and the Mexican restaurant we always ate at Sunday after church... Great fun -but we are so going to need to catch up on some sleep after they leave. Backpackers like to get up by like 6 or 7 am to go see the sights! They've been on ferry rides, to the Opera house, hiking, to lighthouses, and today they are in the Blue Mountains. I hope they're enjoying themselves as much as we are.
I'm not going to get political on my blog, but I wanted to share with you an article I really enjoyed...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_7600000/7600592.stm

2 comments:

Aaron said...

interesting artlicle... why no link though? Are you so adverse to coding outside of work that you can even be bothered to press the WYSIWYG button? =)
Congratulations on finishing a bit of code and getting it to work!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, its Travis. Just though I would drop you a line and say hi. I have a new job, but I have to get up at 4:30 am for work. I have just gotten a copy of my birth certificate so I should have my passport soon, but it'll probibly be Feb. before I make it down under.
Keep up your blog, it's always fun to read.