Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SciFi into reality

I'm at work facing the same problem experienced in nearly every other office worldwide, and most homes too.  I'm freezing!  I'm wearing an undershirt for warmth, a long-sleeved sweater, and a jacket -while drinking a cup of boiling hot tea even.  Meanwhile, the guy next to me is wearing a t-shirt and has turned the airconditioner on.  

Yes, I could bring a portable heater from home up to work.  But, it just doesn't make sense to turn on both a heater and airconditioner in one room does it?  Not to mention, quite a waste of electricity.  

So, someone smarter than me please hurry up and invent personal space bubbles that each individual is in control of their own surrounding temperatures please.  I don't want to dress like I'm going skiing just to go into work!  

2 comments:

stewardess said...

Yeah, I'm in agreement w/ you on the whole space heater vs. AC contoversy. Not to mention, it'll probably start a tornado in your office...all that warm air mixing w/ the cold. *grin* Sorry it's like that for you. And you're right. I'm sitting in the couch w/ my husband, who is 1/2 dressed, but I'm fully clothed and comtemplating getting a blanket.

Anonymous said...

It's that way at school - either I freeze or my students sweat. But since I have the chalk, I control the thermostat. King Logan has spoken! (Picture me waving a a piece of chalk like a scepter)