Friday, August 1, 2008

Did you know Harry Potter was born July 31?

Well he was, and so was I! He's probably one of he most famous "people" to share my birthday. Thanks everyone who remembered and sent me birthday wishes. You are all far more oragnized than I, and I appreciate your thinking of me.

At both grandparents houses I got to open birthday cards and presents, eat fantastic birthday cakes topped with chocolate covered strawberries and brownies, birthday burritos with fiery hot salsa and birthday homemade green chicken enchiladas. I don't think I need to eat for a week after all the celebrating! Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate -your being here with me was the best present of all.

Sadly, the days are sailing by and my big sis goes back home tomorrow. More time in Texas for me still though. My thoughts and prayers are with my cousin today as he recovers in the hospital from open heart surgery. I guess you won't be wrestling with me and sitting on me this visit cousin!

If I were still in Australia it would be a High: 62° and Low 48° F today. Instead, here in the states it was 102°F today (39° C), and by Monday it will be High: 107° and Low: 81° F (High 42°, Low 27° C).

I'm waiting on my grandad and sis to call back with their latitude and longitude, as we are currently playing "an adult form of hide and seek" according to my mom. If you didn't guess, they have a new gadget, a GPS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRUTAL HEAT!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGH

*Collapes dead*

V

stewardess said...

Maine was lovely. When we left, the high that day was 67! Any time I can be cold in August is a good day! I miss it! Looking forward to visiting OZ next summer/winter!