Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Howdy, Howdy!

Hi all!
I'm LOVING being back in Texas! Abilene is, as usual, hot and dry. I have been having a wonderful time visiting with my Aunt B who kindly took off work, my wonderful grandparents, and my mom and sis who also are on this adventure with me presently. My grandmother even showed my sis and I how to make tomato preserves today. It was really easy too! Watch out -I may attempt to make some when I get home.

More great Mexican food, and just great food in general. Nothing beats Granner's mashed potatoes. MMmm.... Tomorrow Aunt B is treating me to all the burritos I can eat from the "Snot-nose burrito place" (otherwise known as La Popular, but the salsa is so hot it makes my nose run) and all the freshly made lemonade I can quaff. I'm getting to be spoiled rotten here.

So, some musings this time instead of pictures... courtesy of recent experiences by yours truly
You know you're in Texas/Oklahoma when:
5. You get bit by a fire ant
4. Your chapstick melts in the car -not because you left it, but while you are still riding in the car!
3. You eat breakfast at 11:30 pm in a restaurant, and are served by a waitress with no front teeth but a big smile and a kind attitude.
2. You can buy a key chain in the shape of a bullet at a gas station -and you have a good look at it to make sure the bullet isn't real.
1. You see signs advertising "You don't need teeth to eat our beef!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Struen has a bullet necklace and it has the Imperial Eagle on it its AWESOME!

Glad you are havin fun. cya soon
V

stewardess said...

Super glad to hear you're having good times and creating fond memories. Jealous of bullet keychain.