Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This time last year I was boarding a plane for the USA

Has it already been a year since I left for the USA and my best friend's wedding? Happy 1st anniversary to you two! Has it been nearly a year since I've seen my family and friends in person? Thank goodness for Skype. I'm a big fan, and am constantly amazed how I can make a video call to a foreign country cheaper than I can call on my mobile to a friend only 5 minutes away. Winter already seems like it's slipping by too, but maybe that's just because it was really sunny today.

Time is the longest distance between two places. ~Tennessee Williams

I'm not really sure what to post here now, but I hope to figure it out. One of the people I wrote this blog for is gone now. I miss her very, very much. But I have to be sure and not take my days, my family for granted.

I've got a lot of projects going right now to keep me from zombie-ing out in front of the TV in the evenings after work. Sometimes it seems like too many projects, and so I'm going to set myself to a different task every 2 weeks. I'm starting with scrapbooking and I'm very excited to be accompanying a friend to a scrapbooking class day on Saturday for making cards, a scrapbook page, and to have lunch and tea together. Hopefully I'll learn some new techniques and get even more inspired to work on my albums.


No comments: