Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary to V and I!

Well, we've made it to one year. Wohoo! Life is good. V bought me some beautiful yellow narcissus blooms today in a pretty glass vase, a donut for breakfast , and some "get well soon " tea, because I am on day two of being pitifully sick. :(

We did have a great time celebrating last week already with our friends. V managed to get off work for Friday July 4th, so we had everyone over for a Happy 1st Anniversary, House Warming, Happy Birthday, Farewell, Congratulations, Happy Independence Day cookout to celebrate! It was great fun -about 12 people, plus a few kids and we ate real American food.

I promise, pics of the party and more details later, but tonight I'm sick and really should be sleeping instead of staying up typing. I've got work tomorrow after all.

Oh yeah, so I've got a new job too. *Grins.* Unfortunately, I think grad school opened up my head and tipped out all of my programming knowledge... Or maybe it's just my head cold. Anyhow, I'm now a programmer again. A rusty one, but a programmer. And work starts at 10am. Hooray!

G'night all! You're sorely missed and I hope to catch up with a lot of you in person when I come back, oh, next week. :) Okay, so it'll be a bit longer than that before I reach Texas, but I will be flying to the USA on July 18th. Cheers!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats!

Give me more USA trip details! Please!

stewardess said...

Thanks for the post. Sorry you're sick! I'm praying you get well soon so you can enjoy your trip to the States. A head cold would suck on a trans-Pacific flight.
Congrats on the party, job, anniversary! I'm proud of you! And happy for you!