Friday, March 28, 2008

Our own place

Hopefully by the end of this week I will have a new mailing address to share with everyone. I have been apartment hunting over this past month, but now we are getting desperate and I think we will take whatever we can find that is cheap.

It means so much, especially when living in a new country where everything is so different some privacy (where people do not just walk in anytime they please) and to have a little control over your own home. There are always rules, but it would be nice if a light gets left on or a door accidentally left unlocked not to have my character called into question.

I have found some great little apartments -in Austin. :) I guess I'd better look a little more in the Sydney area though, eh? Australia is a pretty place to visit, but I'm not so sure about living here.
Wish us luck finding an okay place!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I know it's hard to be in a new place. We'd love for you to be in Austin, but God has placed you in Australia. You'll find a great place. No worries, mate!

Hermit said...

While you're sailing the Austin Apt. seas...let me know if you find a nice spot around Congress and Ben White....:P

Personal space is key to continued sanity so I wish you Good luck and God speed dear.

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I know how it feels to be in a different country knowing very few people other than your husband. Everyone speaks "English" so it shouldn't be so hard... right?!? Wrong! It sounds like you have been experiencing some culture shock, don't worry, it will get better. I found that everytime I needed a little piece of home I would make a cup of tea, eat some cadbury's chocolate, curl up on the couch and call home. Its amazing what a familiar voice can do. Always remember that home is where the heart is and while you will always have a special place in our hearts God has a plan for you in Australia! Hang in there! Jen :)

Anonymous said...

I dont know how else to get you, but Granner is sick again and she is having surgery tomorrow. I know how worried this must make you but stay cool and I'll keep you posted. I dont know much right now but keep her and Grandad in your prayers. I'm going down there probibly this weekend.
Love,
cousinTravis and the rest of the family