Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter Everyone!

I don't know about you but so far I have had a lovely Easter morning. V got up extra early despite working double shifts and extra holiday shifts and drove me to church (40 min by car, double that by bus). And you know what the most incredulous thing was? Several people there remembered me! From my one visit two years ago!

It's a lovely church and I'm happy to finally be there. It may be small (~25 people, including children), but it is an active, humble, and loving group of people. There are even several non-english speaking students who are learning English through studying the Bible (like the World Bible School and Lets Start Talking programs). Oh, and I loved that they served morning tea between church and class because anyone who knows me knows I slept in and skipped breakfast.

It's funny how different the dynamics are in a small group. There will be no falling asleep at church, LOL. (Not that I ever did that Mom and Dad -it's just a joke! Really!) Apparently they spotted me as a chuch member straight away because they noticed I knew all the words to the songs. They have also already helped me organize easier transport for church next week. I look forward to getting involved more.

Happy Easter everyone.

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

3 comments:

stewardess said...

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His LOVE endures forever.

So glad He's taking care of you through His family in Australia.

Love ya, Babe!
And thanks for the vistas! All we can see here are broken trees. *tear*

Sarah said...

Happy Easter to you too, and so glad you got to go to church. Take care!

Anonymous said...

HELLO JULIE and VARSA!!!!! I just finished up with the house sale and got paid today...finally. I was just excited and wanted to let you know. I'm about to start on my passport soon, does new years sound good to
visit you?
Cheers!!!-Travis