Thursday, February 7, 2008

Airline Circus

Anyone else have their heads spinning when they try to book airline tickets? It seems like every day I check, and every day they change. If there are so many airplanes going standard routes, how come there are so many different companies trying to sell me tickets? And how is a one-way ticket so much more expensive than the cost of a round-trip?

I never knew you had to be in the USA to use Priceline. Too bad considering I have found some of the best deals through them, but you can't fly from OZ to the USA, just USA to OZ. (Planes only fly one way?)

Jetstar has some really great prices, but it only gets you to Hawaii. :( Then I end up piecing together flights from Oz to Hawaii, then Hawaii to LAX, then LAX to my hometown, and it all gets a bit much. (Especially since I'm going to have to carry all of my own bags this time!)

But, I'm happy that I get to fly home for Stewardess' wedding. :) Maybe I'll get tickets figured out soon. It's surprising that they are sooo much easier to book from the states to here than vice-versa.

PS. Love the map-thingy for visitors Sparquay, thanks!

3 comments:

Mr.Anderson said...

OZ? is that an airport or a reference to The Wizard of OZ?

Lady Arden said...

Ha, well OZ is kind of the nickname for Australia. Australians love nicknames, and "Oz" is short for "Aus" for Australia.

Mr.Anderson said...

I wanna just sit on the beach for a full day when I come to visit!!! Ok, maybe not all day, but it does kinda look like one of the beaches in the Corona commercials. Hows the family?