Monday, January 14, 2008

The Journey Begins

It's time. My visa has finally come through. My stuff is nearly packed. And, my dogs are already on their way to Australia. The big day approaches for us rapidly -January 22.

So, as promised a blog so I can share the wierd, wonderful, and everyday happenings of life half a world away and upside down. I don't have much to share right now, but I wanted to get all set up before things get too busy to play with fonts and colors.

Right now I'm working on fitting my life into 3 suitcases and a carry-on, a total of 172 lbs. Everything is suprisingly heavy. My winter coat weighs 4 lbs, and even most of my suitcases weigh between 9-15 lbs empty!

Ps. If you know where the inspiration came from for my blog address, be the first to comment and I'll send you a prize!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds exciting!
Hey- where did our tent end up? If it's in Abilene my sister can get it to us... :)

I will be reading along with you on your adventure. Got no clue about the reference...

Sarah said...

Oh and I hope your packing goes lightly.

Hermit said...

Good luck on your new adventure dear!

Anonymous said...

Is it a reference to the Oasis song? Thanks for sending me the link, it will be nice to hear what's going on in your life. Hope everything is going well for you.