Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Brrr, Chilly!

Boy it's chilly here. It's not standard to have central heat or air conditioners in Australia -or any heat or AC units. I'm glad I brought my jacket over. (It's not extremely cold really -it's just me being cold-natured. High today of 67, low of 58, & currently feels like 63 according to the weather.) I'm sure with a cup of tea I'll warm right up.

We should have internet connections sorted by tomorrow finally so V and I aren't fighting for use of the one computer. Nothing ever gets set up right the first time in any country.

They do have peanut butter here in stores. I'm eating PB on bread or instant noodles until we get a fridge for this place and some real groceries. Feels like I'm still in college most days (Except no Dr. Pepper! You can only get a Dr. Pepper in a specialty store in the mall for nearly $3 a can! Have I mentioned that before? Probably have. How can nobody in this country drink Dr. Pepper? Guess I'll have to stick with tea.).

Cheers everyone!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The first year I did a mission trip to Papua New Guinea we went from the hot and humid jungle to the coldness of Sydney. Our leader had warned us to bring "winter clothes," but as CA is so mild and has central heat most of the time I remember being so so cold in the house we stayed and just so shocked that we could be so cold. Going from that heat to the middle of winter was certainly surprising...