Thursday, February 21, 2008

More Bright Flora and Fauna

This pretty, bright flower is an Australian Bottlebrush. It doesn't smell, but all the jasmine around here perfumes the air.

This is a King Parrot. Apparently they are pretty rare around here, but we've seen 2 since we've been here. He was on the deck railing briefly, but unfortunately the dogs were on the deck too. I could only get a picture when it flew into the nearby tree. Sorry it's not the clearest image, but it's so bright and unusual I wanted to share it with you all.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What great pictures. Today I took pictures of the few papers I have left to file.

Aaron said...

beautiful animals and plants... If I ever get a chance to visit you in Australia, you better believe that I would be taking my camera stuff with me!