Thursday, January 24, 2008

Recap

Hi!  Well things got really busy before I left, so I have lots to post about and nothing posted.  :)
Sunday night we had a lovely dinner at the house.  V started cooking for it on Saturday with a live lobster and it just got better from there.  Mom and Dad were a great help with the cooking, cleaning and decorating to make the evening really enjoyable.    

Monday of course was Martin Luther King day, which meant a lot of things were closed.  But I spent most of the day packing the trailer and a last weigh of the suitcases.  We went out to eat Mexican for dinner and I got the Texas burrito.  As soon as mom send the picture (hint, hint) I will how you exactly how big burritos in America can be.  I'm going to miss Mexican restaurants, but luckily V got a Mexican cookbook for Christmas.  

Tuesday we were up very early, with all of our luggage in tow and many layers of clothing on.  Luckily it was very cold in Oklahoma so the layers of clothing were keeping us very warm.  The true reason we were wearing so many layers was not because it was cold though.  With our limited luggage, we were trying to take as much as possible, so we layered up!  I wore 6 layers on top, tank tops, T-shirts, 2 long sleeve shirts, a light jacket, a thick jacket, and a cloak of red velvet.  I also was wearing 2 pair of blue jeans, a belt, a hat, and hiking boots.  V was also wearing multiple layers on top and bottom, most notably a large black bathrobe.  

So, that gets us to the airport.  I'm going to go eat lunch before continuing.  But know we're here safe and sound.   

No comments: